This talk was part of The Workplace Inspiration. A 24 hour non-stop virtual journey through Australasia, Asia, EMEA and North America bringing exclusive insight, information and inspiration to inject into your workplace strategies.
Title of talk: A braver new world: Moving the dial on Diversity and Inclusion
Region: EMEA – Africa and Europe
Key takeaways from this Workplace Inspirathon session are:
- Diversity and Inclusion is still being seen as an HR issue. It is NOT. Everyone is responsible for creating a culture of inclusion.
- Organisations that see it as a business imperative are the same organisations that are thriving
- We haven’t moved as far forward as we think we have.
- 2020 has brought a lot of devastation but it’s given us access to a much more diverse pool of talent
- The dial has gone backwards on gender equality
- If you don’t know where to start…. Just start by talking to your people. Run unfiltered, unbiased focus groups and speak to everyone
More about Gamiel
Gamiel Yafai is an award winning Diversity and Inclusion expert and has worked with some of the UK’s largest Employers to design and implement D&I Culture Change strategies and action plans to both attract new talent from diverse backgrounds and to help existing talent reach their potential. He’s an expert when it comes to all things Diversity and Inclusion but particularly leadership and the impact of Unconscious Bias within the employment cycle.
To view the on-demand video, you need to be logged in as Inspirer. Once logged in, the video will appear below.