Do you or your organization:
- Hire too many people who are not what you thought they were in the interview?
- Have trouble holding people accountable for producing the work you would like them to or living up to their potential?
- Have trouble managing people remotely since you’ve lost a line of sight on the hours they work?
There is one simple and practical solution for these challenges – the Success Profile.
A Success Profile not only clearly and objectively articulates what a successful candidate needs to achieve in a role and how their success will be measured but also what competencies (we call these Strengths) they need to possess to be able to successfully achieve those outcomes.
A well written Success Profile also acts like a magnet to attract the right candidates – while repelling the wrong ones.
The framework we use to teach you how to write a great Success Profile is called the SPOT On Success Profile™ – because doesn’t everyone want someone “spot on” for their role?
The SPOT On Success Profile™ is a revolutionary framework that can be incorporated into any existing form or process. It describes the:
- (S)trengths required to successfully achieve the targets, goals or KPIs of the job
- (P)urpose of the organization and role (this magnetically attracts those that are inspired by the organization’s vision and mission)
- (O)rganizational alignment (values and behaviors required to be a good culture fit)
- (T)arget Rich Objectives (5 or fewer outcomes, written in real language with measurable results which provides clarity and certainty for both manager and staff member around what is required to be successful and how success is measured).
The SPOT On Success Profile™ Master Class includes:
- A 20 minute video training from Kim Seeling Smith where she teaches you exactly how to complete each of the 4 parts of the SPOT On™.
- A SPOT On™ Success Profile template that you can use to create your own SPOT On Success Profile™. All you will need to do is to follow the directions on this template and brand it to make it your own.
- We have made the Strengths section as easy as we can for you by including the 60 Strengths from the Capp Strengths Profile, one of the top three research based, peer reviewed strengths profiles on the market.
- Our SPOT On™ Insights Paper with questions to help you complete the Purpose and Target Rich Objectives Section and examples of real SPOT On™ Success Profiles from other Ignite Global Clients.
NOTE: This training comes included with our SPOT On™ Hiring System or Mind Reading for Managers courses.
NOTE: This framework was built by Ignite Global’s CEO, Kim Seeling Smith, after having spent 15 years working as an international recruiter and helping thousands of organizations hire great staff.
Kim’s fall off ratio (the percentage of people who do not work out after placement was consistently 2% during that 15 years – industry standard is 10%). Seeling Smith attributes this achievement, in part, to using the SPOT On™ Success Profile to help her clients define and articulate what they needed for the role they were hiring.
Did you know that, according to a survey by Hudson Recruitment, up to 44% of hiring managers are unsatisfied with their last hire?
That’s because most hiring managers do not spend enough time thinking about what they need to see in a successful candidate and/or they do not use an objective process to test the candidates they interview for suitability for the role.
Many hiring managers rely on gut feel and that can give them not only a stomach ache with stress and frustration. It can also cost them dearly.
It costs between 50% – 200% of someone’s annual salary to replace them and it can cost up to 1/3 of someone’s annual salary in lost productivity for every employee who is not fully engaged in their role.
The SPOT ON™ Hiring System is a proven methodology which is designed to objectively and efficiently test candidates for their suitability to the role using the SPOT On™ Success Profile.
This on demand, virtual training we teach you how to:
- Create a SPOT On™ Success Profile to help you define and articulate the attributes a candidates needs to succeed in the role.
- Plan and prepare for an objective, evidence-based interview
- Design and conduct pre-screening activities to help you shortlist and spend less time interviewing unsuitable candidates.
- Screen resumes. Learn what to look for (and more importantly) what not to read to avoid forming incorrect, preconceived ideas which can cause you to make the wrong hiring decision based on incorrect, unsubstantiated information.
- Structure evidence-based interview questions which are designed to get the candidate to tell you what they’ve done in the past – as opposed to what they think you want to hear.
- Learn how to hold the candidates’ feet to the fire, so they give you honest, evidence-based answers.
- Avoid the 3 common mistakes that most hiring managers make.
- Structure a consistent, effective and efficient interview so that you can gain the most relevant information in the least amount of time, accelerating the interview process and helping you to move fast on top talent with multiple opportunities.
- Structure and conduct online and offline activities or evaluations that test relevant skills and abilities required for the role.
- Plan, prepare and conduct full and complete reference checks that give you an accurate picture of the candidates’ strengths and red flags for the role.
- Manage through the ‘grey period’ from selection to start date to ensure that a “yes” translates into a new starter.
A step by step communications framework to help managers have effective 1:1, structured conversations with their direct report. These conversations live in the sweet spot between the needs of the organization and the needs of the individual.
The Gallup Organization shows that managers aﬀect employee engagement scores by up to 70% and the HBR’s 10-year study of great leaders shows the #1 thing that all great leaders do is to develop a strong connection with their staﬀ “studying and meeting the needs of their key stakeholders”.
Connection begins with conversation. But most managers don’t talk to their staﬀ enough, about the right things or in the right way.
Luckily, you can fix that quickly and easily. When you do, your team will perform better and be happier — and so will you!
The Mind Reading for Managers program is based on the 9 Currencies of Choice, developed from over 5,000 exit interviews, which means you no longer have to guess what your staﬀ need to be highly engaged and productive — or to perform at their best.
It also has a 7-year track record of adding to companies’ bottom lines, which could make you a hero — on the fast track for your next promotion.
NOTE: This course includes The SPOT On™ Success Profile: A proven methodology to help you hire well the first time and hold staff accountable for great performance.
Testimonials and case studies can be found here. Link to download of case studies and testimonials.
Mind Reading for Managers includes:
- A ‘paint by numbers’ system (known as the 5 FOCUSed Conversations) to help you and your managers have regular, meaningful 1:1 conversations around these Currencies of Choice,
- 1 – 3 tools and exercises per each of the 5 FOCUSed Conversations which support and deepen the 1:1 meetings between manager and direct report,
- Conversation Starters for each of the 5 FOCUSed Conversations to help managers structure and conduct their monthly 1:1s,
- Online, on demand training that includes:
- Why conversations are your strongest leadership tool
- The 9 Currencies of Choice
- The 5 FOCUSed Conversations
- The tools and exercises that underpin the 5 FOCUSed Conversations
- Optional peer coaching clinics to embed behavioural change over a period of 6 months, and
- An optional 12, monthly micro-learning videos (1 – 3 minutes in length) to reinforce the concepts, tools and exercises taught in the program.
- Additional topics to be integrated into Phase 2 of the program include:
- Positive psychology, neuroleadership, EQ
- Questioning and coaching skills
- Tassal Salmon has successfully replaced their annual performance reviews by embedding the 5 FOCUSed Conversations into the entire organization.
- Sigma Aerospace reduced employee turnover, increased employee productivity and tripled in size in 18 months by implementing their “How we Fly” SPOT On™ Success Profile created within a year long consulting engagement with Ignite Global.
- Northrop Consulting Engineers saved $100,000 in recruitment costs per year afterIgnite Global’s recruitment audit.
- First Mortgage Systems reduced employee turnover from 45% to 30% per year after adopting the SPOT ON Hiring System™ and reduced it to 22% per year after embedding the 5 FOCUSed Conversations™.
We help future-focused organizations build and retain the workforce they need to thrive in the Decade of Disruption – what many are calling the period from now to 2030.
COVID-19 will hopefully be the most significant disruption of this decade, but the futurists, demographers and economists will tell you it certainly won’t be the last.
To not only survive – but to thrive – organizations need 6 things:
- A compelling, customer/community-oriented purpose with a strong set of values that are used in hiring, accountability and decision making.
- Collaborative leadership capable of making smart decisions with incomplete information and being able to pivot quickly and effectively when those decisions are proven to be incorrect (and some will).
- Open, honest, transparent communication built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
- A simple framework used to set and hold people accountable for great performance.
- Managers who prioritize their team over their ‘day job’. Who form deep relationships with staff, studying and meeting their needs (or managing their expectations when they do not).
- The willingness to reimagine old school practices and processes that simply no longer work.
We help you accomplish the above through:
- Our Future/Now of Work Gap Analysis
- Strategic planning and facilitation with C Suites or Boards of Directors
- Our 3 signature programs:
- The SPOT On™ Success Profile: THE KEY to helping you hire well the first time and hold staff accountable for great performance.
- The SPOT On™ Hiring System: A step by step framework, training and customizable forms and other assets o help you plan, prepare and conduct an effective and efficient hiring process.
- Mind Reading for Managers: 5 FOCUSed Conversations for Greater Employee Engagement and Productivity: A monthly 1:1 conversational structure with a 7 year track record of increasing employee engagement and retention.
About Kim Seeling Smith
Kim Seeling Smith is the CEO of Ignite Global and a leading NOW Work expert (because the Future of Work arrived on Friday the 13th of March 2020 when COVID-19 thrust us into a new reality more quickly than anyone had predicted).
Kim is a regular commentator for The Today Show, Forbes, CNBC Online, the Australian Financial Review, the Sydney Morning Herald and many other print and radio media outlets. Kim is the author of Mind Reading for Managers: 5 FOCUSed Conversations for Greater Employee Engagement and Productivity and has been recognized by Richard Branson’s 100% Human at Work Initiative for the innovative, yet practical work Ignite Global does to help businesses solve the very complex challenges around the Now of Work.
Kim is also an avid master SCUBA diver who cares deeply about the world’s oceans. Her time spent underwater helps reinforce her understanding of global connectivity and the importance of corporate sustainability.
“I appreciate Kim’s ability to break down complex concepts into understandable, relatable and practical models and frameworks that we can all apply directly to finding and keeping good people – something that doesn’t come naturally to our engineers.”
Jamie Shelton, CEO Northrop Consulting Engineers
“The quality of your program is excellent and equal to anything I have seen in the market. However, it is your commitment, professionalism, and passion that was far beyond my expectations and what made the experience such a positive one for all. You have established an excellent rapport with the Foodco team, so much so that they think of you as one of the staff!”
Serge Infanti, Managing Director at Foodco Group (Muffin Break, Jamaica Blue, Dreamy Donuts)
“I reflect on all of our interactions and I have always felt that when we are working on something together we have your undivided attention and commitment. You bring your vast and varied expertise to the table in a value adding non judging manner and your positive nature is not only uplifting but infectious. There is not one interaction that we have had (which has now been many) that I can honestly say that I do not feel this way about our connection. A true gift.”
Kaylene Little, Head of People and Communities, Tassal Group, Limited
“Your stuff is GOLD! We ended up hiring someone who is perfect. Normally, we would have hired one of the other two guys we were looking at. But after writing out the SPOT On™ we realized he was the right choice. [We also offered] one of the other guys who had a solid sales background a BDM role. [we followed the SPOT On™ method] and he flipped. So, we decided not to hire him. [This saved us] a $90k base salary [and] a nightmare couple of months working with someone who didn’t want to do the work. Everyone in the company is in awe. [We finally have a system that works] So THANK YOU.”
Leela Cosgrove, CEO, Strategic Anarchy
“The Ignite team have delivered several training courses to our management group. On each occasion the feedback received has been fantastic, with the course exceeding expectations. Ignite’s training is both informative and engaging, inspiring participants to utilise the tools and techniques presented. Kim is an exceptional presenter who is impressive in her delivery and shares a wealth of knowledge within her field of expertise.”
Daniela Burton, Human Resources Advisor